Podcast with Danielle D’Souza Gill on Myths About Abortion
The founders of America said that our rights come from God, and the first such right named was the right to life. But today many people think of abortion as a Constitutional right. Thankfully, “Roe v. Wade” has been overturned. How are we to understand abortion?
Danielle D’Souza Gill, the daughter of Dinesh D’Souza, has written a groundbreaking book, entitled, The Choice: The Abortion Divide in America. Danielle systematically debunks many longheld incorrect beliefs surrounding abortion such as:
• MYTH: Life begins when a baby is born.
• MYTH: Even if it’s technically a human life, the fetus doesn’t feel anything or know what’s happening anyway.
• MYTH: There is a difference between a human being and a person.
• MYTH: Abortion is a simple and safe procedure.
• MYTH: The constitution guarantees a right to privacy. Abortion is therefore a constitutional right.
• MYTH: Abortion must be taxpayer funded.
• MYTH: Women have the freedom to choose what they want to do with their body.
• MYTH: Men do not belong in the abortion debate.
• MYTH: Abortion is necessary in order for women to fully control their own bodies.
Danielle D’Souza Gill joins Jerry Newcombe to puncture these common myths.
Danielle D’Souza Gill
Note: this interview was conducted in 2020.